Currently in My giffgaff if you have free giffgaff calls you will see a message that says "To extend your free giffgaff to giffgaff calls and texts for another three months, top up before 05 MAR 2016"
If your free call entitlement has expired it says "Your giffgaff to giffgaff calls and texts have expired. Top up your account to get another 3 extra months of calls and texts to giffgaff for free."
I feel that the message that is there is slightly misleading as it says on both messages that you have to topup to get them.
For the people that are in the know they are aware that there are 6 different methods to extend your free calls entitlement. Those methods are -
- Redeeming a voucher of £10 or more; or
- Buying airtime balance of £10 or more with a debit / credit card - including auto-top up; or
- Buying a goodybag / gigabag of £5 or more with a debit / credit card - including recurring and queued goodybags (note the reset occurs when the goodybag/gigabag becomes active); or
- Taking payback of £10 or more as airtime credit (reset occurs on the date in June or December the credit arrives on your account); or
- Receiving £10 or more credit from another giffgaff member (i.e. by altruistic top-up)
- Renewing a recurring goodybag early.
My idea is for giffgaff to reword what is there and provide a link to the eligible top-up section of the knowledge base or create one of their fancy new drop down menu's. Simples.