Add guidance on PAC / transfer pages
By: eddiehk6 | 14-08-2015 17:55
Many members don't know what a SIM swap is, and often get confused thinking that a PAC is required. Issues arise whereby:
- Members request their PAC, believing it is used to change numbers between giffgaff SIMs. They then realise they should do a SIM swap, but can't as the PAC has already been requested.
- Member confusion when using the "Transfer your number to giffgaff" page believing it is used to do a SIM swap.
My suggestion is to simply add some explanation text on the following pages, along the following lines of:
Below the "Request your PAC code" button, add "Please note, this PAC is only used to transfer your current mobile number from giffgaff to a different mobile network. If you would like to replace your giffgaff SIM for a different giffgaff SIM with the same number, you will need to perform a SIM swap"
Below the current first paragraph, add: "Please note, this form is only for transferring your number from your old mobile network to giffgaff. If you would like to replace your giffgaff SIM for a different giffgaff SIM with the same number, you will need to perform a SIM swap"
- Really easy to implement
- Reduced accidental requesting of PAC
- Direct link to SIM swap instructions
- Adds clarity for members, reducing confusion, therefore less help and confusion threads...